Friday, October 30, 2009

The Varsity Caper!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
My Halloween was pretty eventful!
It started Friday at work, when a co-worker came running up to me saying "some guy is spray painting our dumpster! and he is walking towards the OMNI Building!" Immediately, I grabbed my coat and ran outside to chase him down! Mind you, I had on my long purple wig, false eyelashes, polka dot socks, heels and a skirt! The perpetrator was about a block ahead of me. Needless to say, I probably could have caught him, but I was a bit sore from my spinning class the night before. Ha Ha! Anyways, I decided to yell at him. I said "Hey! Did you just spray paint our dumpster?" He stopped turned and shook his head no. I then yelled "YES YOU DID! AND I JUST CALLED THE POLICE" He then just shrugged his shoulders and started to walk away. Well I hadn't called the police, so I dialed 911. As soon as the dispatcher answered I said "Hi, this is Emily Erickson and I am at Varsity Square at address, some guy just spray painted our dumpster! I have followed him and he is between 4th and 5th in the alley way. He is wearing cream slippers, army colored khaki pants that are floods, a black trench coat, black sunglasses and a black beanie." the dispatcher replies "OK, we will send someone when they are available." I was like "WHAT" I have him in sight. I said "If you send someone now you can catch him." She just simply said OK. Let's just say, I hope I never have an emergency where I might actually need an officer, because in this town they might never get there! Right then, another co-worker showed up in her truck, she decided to tail the guy. Unfortunately, she had to turnaround and she lost him before the office actually showed up.

1 comment:

Spencer and Melina said...

You are so funny! I wouldn't have the guts to chase him down. Hopefully they are more responsive when a life is at stake, rather than the dumpster.